Saturday, August 29, 2009

The End of an Era

Yesterday marked the end of an era for me. I thought it would be solely filled with excitement because for so long I had been looking for something else, but it was all but that. Not that I will miss the job itself, but the people. Sometimes we don't realize how important our work friends are, but many weeks I spent more time with them than with Jared, Brooke, or any of my other friends. Girls, I will definately miss you very much. I hope that these next few months go smoothly for you.
But....in the mean time, I will enjoy the next 2 weeks! This week I am off work with no plans other than to try to get some sun, and spoil Dudley. I am sure Jared has other plans for me, like vacuum, dust, laundry, dinner, and who knows what else. I can probably manage to get some of that accomplished.
Next Saturday, we are looking forward to the Jimmy Buffet concert. Our friends Chip & Jenni have gone for a few years and talk like it is a blast...well this year we are joining them. A group of us are going to the concert and I am sure it will be 5:00 in Manassas around 1:00 next Saturday!
Sunday morning we are leaving for Nags Head...for those who don't know that might be Jared & I's favorite place on earth. We are going with his parents and Josh, Brandy, Courtney & Tucker. It should be fun. We haven't been on vacation with them in 5 or 6 years and are really looking forward to it....NO HURRICANES
After that, I will be starting my new chapter in my career with the Fredericksburg Chamber. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment